Saturday, March 24, 2007

0.2%

Architect Magazine March 1, 2007 By Hannah Mccann
The number of black women architects has quadrupled in 15 years. but four times a fraction of a percent doesn't amount to much. (Get a free subscription on the website.)

Interviewee 26 year old Yamini Hernandez blogs about being a young African-American woman and an architect.

"They didn't mention anything I said in my email interview, only my blog, and even from my blog entries that i referred them to (apparently a bad move and duly noted), they didn't mention any of the solutions I mentioned to the atrocious underrepresentation of people of color in the field. Nor did the article mention how my present position positively impacts the profession by preparing young people of color to be ,architects and builders with an environmental and social conscious."

No comments: